Save the date for the Modern Home Tour in Vancouver! It takes place this Saturday, September 14.
As a fan of architecture, I was thrilled when the organizer contacted me! It is a self-driven and guided tour but your ticket will get you a wrist band at "will call" and gets you into some fabulously designed homes in Vancouver. Being a bit voyeuristic, I am so excited to be able to go INSIDE some amazing homes. I am one of those people who at night, when I go for a walk, like to peek subtlety from the sidewalk into people's homes.
I know I am not alone.... or am I?
Here is the descriptions of some of the homes that are part of the tour:
• Check out a unit in an early 20th century condominium building in the heart of Yaletown, completely renovated and updated in 2010 by Falken Reynolds Interiors, transformed into the bachelor pad of every man’s dreams!
• A modestly-sized new home, built in 2012 by the Environmental Design Group with interiors designed by Project 22 Design Inc, that makes use of connected open spaces to feel twice as big.
• The eco-conscious Narrow Passive House, built in 2012 by One SEED Architecture + Interiors, which is simple and pure in design, but complex in its ability to take advantage of the Earth’s never-ending capacity to heat, cool, and ventilate, while using materials and building systems which are durable and tread lightly on the environment.
• The visually impressive Geometric House, also by One SEED Architecture + Interiors (built 2011), that is considered a perfect example of a true west coast modern home with clean lines, open concept planning, natural materials and inside-outside flow.
• A tremendous 2011 renovation by FNDA Architecture Inc. of a 1960’s wood post and beam house in West Vancouver that offers its residents a new open floor plan, as well as a new level of energy efficient living.
• A modernist prototype home for Vancouver’s ubiquitous RS-1 zoning district that rethinks the typical zoning regulations and constraints of building in an urban context, designed by Campos Leckie Studio and located in Arbutus Ridge.
Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 the day of. Kids under 12 are free. You can purchase them here.
It will be a fun ride hopping from house to house, especially since I will be sharing a ride with two friends who are equally as enthusiastic as me!
Hope to see you there!